Friday, October 22, 2010

Local History

I need to find some better sources! Currently I have an I'm-unhappy-with book. But it appears to be the only one I can find that goes back 200+ yrs. Our town is one of the oldest towns in Upper Canada and Canada itself so I really want to cover that at some point. I mean I don't plan on diving into it in 3 weeks so it's not like there's a hurry, but it's frustrating that I'm having problems researching our great history! We have sooooo many historical things around town, you'd think I'd be able to find scads of great books about it! I'm thinking a lot of our unit on the towns history is gonna be field trips. Nothing wrong with that, but even minus the homeschooling front, I love history so *I* want to read more about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment