Thursday, April 7, 2011

52 Books in 52 Weeks - 14

Not sure if I skipped a number or not, but I'm on the current week on the link up and it says it's week 14

I'm taking part in the 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge





This week's book is Kids in the Syndrome Mix of ADHD, LD, Asperger's, Tourette's, Bipolar and More! by Martin L. Kutscher

THIS is the kind of book I was looking for! It describes symptom, medications, therapies, and more for several disorders that are commonly diagnosed in the odd children. It's written in layman's terms, but not dumbed down.

As we look into SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder) with Brianna, I've been doing a lot of reading research. In this book it's called Sensory Integration Dysfunction, same thing. This book also opened my mind to Brianna also being ADHD.

The book also included a Behavioural Checklist, a Quiz on Executive Function and a Further Reading section (where I found my next several 52 Books!)

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking into the "Syndrome Mix" for any of their children!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    Stopping in from the UBP. Always love meeting other homeschoolers :)

    Following your blog now. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete