Friday, March 2, 2012

Homeschool Mom's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week… I'm finally feeling better after having the UTI from hell. It just wouldn't go away! The second round of antibiotics worked. Let me tell you, being someone who's used to guzzling at least a half gallon of water a day, I am thrilled!
In our homeschool this week… We had a pretty slow week this week. Wednesday was Leap Day and we had a fun day, then Thursday was my sister's birthday so no school (per our "official homeschool rules" we don't have school for family birthdays ;) )
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… If something's important to you, make it happen. Don't slack off just because you don't want to be seen as even more rigorous than public school. Important life lessons are exactly that, important!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… Well it's not actually happening until tomorrow, but it's the big birthday weekend! Mine and my sister's birthdays are 4 days apart (well, this year it's 5) and we're having a big party tomorrow. Full turkey dinner with cheesecake birthday cake... yum!
Things I’m working on… I NEED to get the rest of our school stuff organized! We're using the otherwise not needed double closets in the laundry room for school storage and yet almost half of the school stuff is still in random boxes from when we moved *cough* 4 mths ago *cough*
A photo to share…
Olivia working on her pre-writing
Linking up with The Homeschool Chick

1 comment:

  1. We take off for all the kids' birthdays during the school year. We have one this month & I'm looking forward to it! :)

    ReplyDelete