Friday, April 20, 2012

5 Question Friday


I'm linking up with My Little Life


1. Groceries are high right now what is easiest way you have found to cut back? I actually have quite a low grocery bill as it is. We have 3 adults and 2 kids here (and 3 pets) and average between $300-400 a month for groceries (and we live in Canada where groceries are stupid expensive). My biggest money savings have been shopping the markdown bins. Meat, bread and produce (and dairy, but you really don't want that dept to have a markdown bin lol) are some of the more expensive areas in a grocery store. My 2 favorite stores usually have a large selection in the markdown bin. Both breads and meats are either the day of or the day before the "sell by" date. I have a large freezer. Problem solved! Produce from the mark down bin usually isn't as pretty as regular stuff... smaller heads of lettuce, spots on fruit, peppers starting to wrinkle, ect... still perfectly good, they don't have a different taste at all, but they are considered "not-sellable"

2. What are the top 3 things on your "bucket list"? I actually don't have a bucket list. Hmmm...

Travel all of Canada

Travel anywhere overseas

Completely renovate/remodel my house and property

3. Would you rather give up AC or heat? Well since I live in Canada and we have winter I'd have to say I'd rather give up heat simply for survival's sake. I'd be investing in a LOT of ice/fans if I gave up AC though!

4. What's your favorite cocktail?? Um... I don't have one? Does Kahlua and coffee count?

5. What was your first job & how old were you? Well, my father owed a Pog store (remember Pogs?!) and I was paid slave wages to help there after school when I was 11 and 12. As for an actual job where I got a pay stub? Walmart, 19 yrs old.

No comments:

Post a Comment