Sunday, April 8, 2012

Letting go in the Kitchen

Tonight, with very little assistance, Brianna made Easter dinner. She made ham steaks, mashed potatoes, stuffing and veggies. Really, this is more of a milestone for me than her lol. I have a hard time in teaching life skills stuff like that because I can do it better/faster/cleaner/pick-an-"er". Especially in the kitchen. That's MY domain. Even baking cookies or muffins, I have a hard time letting the kids do more than pour a measuring cup into a bowl. I am HUGE on wanting the kids to be able to do this stuff, but have a hard time letting go of the "let me do it!" twitches. 

Supper turned out quite successful and very yummy. Brianna is beyond thrilled to have made supper (almost) all on her own and can't wait to do it again!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Having kids be able to cook super is a life saver for me.

    ReplyDelete