Monday, May 26, 2014

Country Studies

Today we begin Country Studies! We're going to study various countries around the world. What they eat, what they wear, what their country looks like, what their schooling looks like, ect....

We hope to eventually go through them all but here's the group we're starting with (in some random order):
- USA
- Brazil
- Chile
- Russia
- China
- Greenland
- Iceland
- England
- Ireland
- Scotland
- Australia
- South Africa
- Egypt
- Peru
- France
- Sweden
That will take us through the summer and into the fall.

We got our "passports" from FIARCircle. I have flag flash cards from Expedition Earth that I've printed 4 pages per page to make the passport stamps.


I was going to originally use these Cool Country Report from Scholastic which is really cute, but it also prints quite small. Brianna has enough trouble with writing, I didn't want to add to the problem. So I made her something similar in Word.

I found some really cute lower grade country pages for Olivia, but I'm cheap and wasn't going to pay $3+ per country. So, like Brianna's, I made my own. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll share what I made for them here.


Hip Homeschool Moms

No comments:

Post a Comment