Monday, September 19, 2016

Through the Eyes of Olivia (7 yrs)

This week's iHomeschool Blog Hop is "Through the Eyes of the Student". Olivia is 7 old and has been homeschooled since the beginning. She took a bunch of pictures and how to describe her homeschooling day.

Reading Eggs is awesome, you should play it, it's really cool! And Math Seeds is where you learn math. The middle one is for when you're bigger.

This is all my work for today. School is fun, I love school!

This is one of our kittens. I got my Brownies uniform today. You should go to Brownies!

This is me looking for mommy's new Pokemon, Ponyta. 

My sister Brianna is so fun. I like watching her play on her phone. Sometimes she lets me play on her phone or even on her computer.

Sorting laundry is one of my chores.

As an addition to Olivia's picture choices, I also did this interview with her. I asked these questions and wrote down the answers she gives me verbatim.

What does homeschooling mean? It means you do your schoolwork at home.

How long have you been homeschooling? Since I was.... forever.

Why do you homeschool? Because I'm not big enough for public school (I remind her that Brianna, 14, homeschools). Oh. Because mommy told me and Brianna to homeschool.

What does a typical homeschool day look like for us? It's fun and awesome. We start school at 10 o'clock. We look at our agendas and see what we have. The after schoolwork we play

What is your most favorite thing about homeschooling? English (language arts)

What is your least favorite thing about homeschooling? Nothing!

What is the coolest thing you've learned? Learning how to read

What is the most boring thing you've learned? Nothing.

What advice would you have for a kid who is just starting homeschooling? Don't worry, school is awesome!

What advice would you have for a parent who is just starting homeschooling? Give them English, give them math and give them 1 page of reading.

What do you want to do after you finish homeschooling? I was to have fun and have kids

Is there anything new you'd like to learn about soon? I want to make a volcano explosion experiment! (we already did that last year) But I want to do it again!

Do you ever wish you went to public school? Why or why not? I don't know. What would I do there? (schoolwork) And I'd get breaks? (yeah, 2) And lunch break (no, 2 including lunch) Oh. Then no, not really. (Why not?) Cause you don't get lots of breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment