Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hodgepodge Wednesday

1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house? My personal favorite thing is dreaming about the potential of my new space. I am a lover of floor plans and organizing house (not so great at DOING the organizing though!). Worst thing, packing. We have too much crap!

2. What's moved you recently? The US election. I refuse to be political on my blog though so I won't comment as to HOW it has moved me.

3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so? Definitely forward. School is actually happening with little "babysitting" from me required. My business is keeping me busy. Joshua's speech is finally happening.

4. On the move, move mountainsget a move onit's your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain. "Move Mountains" Oct/Nov is my busy time for my business. I make a lot of items that are giftable and stocking stuffers. I also make car seat ponchos which are only needed in the colder months. Needing to move mountains though is based on the fact that I often take on more than I should and can get overwhelmed to make it all happen. 

5. What song makes you want to get up and move? Peppy Christmas music

6. Your favorite snack to grab when you're 'on the move'? I pretty much live on coffee and that is my "on the move" thing typically grabbed.

7. What one accessory makes your house feel like home? Something Christmasy that stays up year round. In my house, I have a jingle bell wreath that has lived on my front door since we moved here 5 years ago. I also have Christmas lights up (and on) on my porch year round. Yes. I'm THAT person.

8. Insert your own random thought here. Brianna is learning French. I don't speak French. She could be telling me off and I'd never know it...

Head over to From This Side of the Pond to check out others!


4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! Two years ago we put colored lights around a shepherds crook that was in the landscaping around our outdoor firepit. Then the snows came and we forgot about the lights (you couldn't see them) until one day in early spring I looked out the kitchen window and saw them shining. They were solar. It made me so happy we decided to leave them up year round. People would come for a bbq mid-summer and say how much they loved them too. Twinkle lights make the world a better place, and given the times we are living I say bring on the twinkle lights! Good luck with your business! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Christmas lights! And yes, other than my husband who likes to tease me, everyone else loves the soft glow of them. Thanks for having a great link up!

      Delete
  2. I'm with you...I refuse to succumb to my desire to voice my political views on the blog. 'I read a blog post that changed my mind on who to vote for'...said no one ever... ;-)

    ReplyDelete